Dual Enrollment is a program for high school students. Students take post secondary courses and earn high school credit as well as accumulate college hours for courses taken on the college transcript.
What are the steps necessary to register for Dual Enrollment classes?
The "DE, I am Interested Now What" Document (below) gives a great overview with some important details, but the general steps are:
- Decide which college/program you want to attend.
- Research and think about the decision
- Take the necessary placement test for entry into the college (SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, etc.)
- Apply to your school of choice.
- Attend or watch the "DE Pre-Registration Meeting" (please see below for more information on this)
- Meet with your high school counselor to fill out necessary paperwork and schedule your classes.
- Create your GA Futures Profile.
- Register for your college courses and give your High School counselor a copy of your schedule.
- Your High School Counselor will approve the funding application.
- That's it! Communicate any changes you want to make with your counselor!
Dual Enrollment Summits:Summits regarding the Dual Enrollment Program are held twice each school year. The DE Summit Agenda is the document that is reviewed during the DE Summit opportunties below.
Fall DE Summit
Paulding County High School Auditorium
September 10, 2019
Spring DE Summit
Hiram High School
February 13, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2019, the Paulding County School District has moved to required Pre-Registration Meetings to go over the necessary paperwork for Dual Enrollment. You must attend one of these meetings OR, if you cannot make it, then you must watch the presentation below:
Click here for the presentation: DE Pre-Registration Meeting
Date of DE Meeting
East Paulding High School
February 10, 2020
Hiram High School
October 28, 2019
North Paulding High School
February 3, 2020
Paulding County High School
February 6, 2020
South Paulding High School
October 15, 2019
Dual Enrollment Paperwork
(click on link below)
What is it?
This document is due prior participating in the DE Program for all students. Once complete, it is good for the entire high school career of the student.
This document is due prior to participating in each of the following semesters.
The I am Interested…Now What? document contains all of the initial steps to being admitted to a college or technical college program. Important student qualities and considerations are also listed and explained.
Helpful Resources and Links:
- Admissions Requirements for Dual Enrollment at University System of GA Colleges
- eCourse-University System of Georgia’s Online Course
- eCore-University System of Georgia’s Online Institutions
- DE Frequently Asked Questions by Students & Parents, 19-20
- GATRACS and Dual Enrollment
- Georgia Student Finance Commission Informational Chart
- Dual Enrollment Information on GAfutures
- Technical College System of Georgia School Websites
- University System of Georgia Institutions with Websites