The vision of gifted program is to provide a rigorous, challenging, and diverse curriculum for all gifted students. The gifted program will provide equity and access to all gifted students with opportuities to extend and enhance the curriuclum through diversity, content, process, product and learning environment.
Paulding County School District provides services for identified gifted students at all grade levels. The gifted program is designed to meet the specific needs of these students and extend competencies in the areas of cognitive skills, collaboration, problem solving, creativity, reference skills, and communication skills beyond the experience of the regular classroom. The procedures for identifying and placing students in the gifted program are governed by the Georgia State Department of Education Rule 160-4-2-.38.
The goals of the gifted program are to develop:
1. Advanced research skills and methods.
2. Practice creative thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a variety of complex topics within the area of study.
3. Practice critical thinking and logical problem-solving skills in the pertinent academic area.
4. Advanced communication skills.
5. Understanding of self and how their unique characteristics may influence interactions with others.