English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Hello! Hola! Jambo! Ciao! Salut!
Welcome to the Paulding County ESOL web page! The ESOL program helps students develop English Language proficiency by:
- Providing each English Language Learner (EL) with the academic and social skills necessary to ensure life-long learning through a student-centered and differentiated instructional program.
- Providing push-in, pull-out, and scheduled classes.
- Promoting understanding and appreciation of language learners and cultural diversity.
- Encouraging parent and community involvement in education.
- Supporting students’ home language by providing materials in their first language for parents to read to their children.
- Teach using all forms of communication with a daily focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Use needs-based instruction.
- Foster a vision of immigrant and English Learners as assets to our school, community and state.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Prepare all students for success today and tomorrow.