English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Hello! Hola! Jambo! Ciao! Salut!
Welcome to the Paulding County ESOL web page! The ESOL program helps student’s develop English Language proficiency by:
• Providing each English Language Learner (EL) with the academic and social skills necessary to insure life-long learning through a student-centered and differentiated instructional program.
• Providing push-in, pull-out, and scheduled classes.
• Promoting understanding and appreciation of language learners and cultural diversity.
• Encouraging parents and community involvement in education.
• Supporting students’ home language by providing materials in their first language for parents to read to their children.
• Teach many means of communication, including a strong focus on writing.
• Using needs based instruction
• Foster a vision of immigrant and English Learners as assets to our school, community and state.
• Providing a supportive learning environment.
• Preparing all students for success in the 21st century.