Resources for parents of special needs students during COVID-19 coronavirus closure
The purpose of this site is to provide access to general resources to assist in the implementation of Assistive Technologies and Universal Design for Learning supports to provide access to learning for ALL learners. This website also provides current information on free educational resources offered during the COVID-19 Digital Learning Days.
For any special education questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission, Vision, Motto, Beliefs & Goals
To provide all students a free appropriate public education that maximizes individual strengths and achievements as they develop into successful, contributing members of a global community.
The vision of the Student Services Department is to meet the individual needs of all students and provide a pathway to lifelong learning.
Maximizing individual strengths. Meeting individual needs.
We, the employees of the Student Services Department, believe that:
- Students are our first priority.
- The education of students with disabilities is everyone’s responsibility.
- All students are unique individuals and should be valued for their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual differences.
- A continuum of services should be utilized to assess and promote student achievement.
- Building positive relationships with students fosters independence and individual success.
- Shared decision making, collaboration, and distributive leadership must exist at all levels.
- Educational excellence begins with professional learning communities.
- Students learn best when engaged in the learning process.
- Family and community involvement enhances student achievement.
- Graduation is a shared responsibility and begins when a student enters school.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- Decreased number of student referrals to special education services by maximizing student performance in the Response to Intervention process.
- Increase the number of students with disabilities who graduate with a diploma.
- Increase test scores of students with disabilities in order to increase the number of schools meeting adequate yearly progress requirements.
- Increase the number of students with disabilities served in the least restrictive environment.