“Planning is bringing the
future into the present so
that you can do something about it now”
What is a parent mentor?
A Parent Mentor is the parent of a child with a disability who builds bridges between home and school that lead to more successful outcomes for students with learning, behavioral, and/or physical challenges.
What does a parent mentor do?
• Promotes partnerships between parents and educators
• Guides parents through the special education process
• Provides confidential support for parental concerns and questions
• Supplies information on Special Education services, policies & procedures and community resources
• Provides workshops for parents and educators
When should I call a parent mentor?
• If you have questions regarding the Special Education process
• If you need to talk confidentially to another parent about your concerns
• If you need or have information about community resources
• If you would like to become a parent leader and help others
Paulding County Parent Mentor Directory
S.N.A.P. Support Group
Support Group Topics (PDF)
S.N.A.P. Learning Sessions
Training Flyer (PDF)
Parent Mentor Newsletters
March 2019 Newsletter (PDF)
January 2019 Newsletter (PDF)