“Planning is bringing the
future into the present so
that you can do something about it now”
What is a parent mentor?
A Parent Mentor is the parent of a child with a disability who builds bridges between home and school that lead to more successful outcomes for students with learning, behavioral, and/or physical challenges.
What does a parent mentor do?
• Promotes partnerships between parents and educators
• Guides parents through the special education process
• Provides confidential support for parental concerns and questions
• Supplies information on Special Education services, policies & procedures and community resources
• Provides workshops for parents and educators
When should I call a parent mentor?
• If you have questions regarding the Special Education process
• If you need to talk confidentially to another parent about your concerns
• If you need or have information about community resources
• If you would like to become a parent leader and help others
Paulding County Parent Mentor Resource Directory
S.N.A.P. Learning Sessions
Training Flyer (PDF)
Parent Resource Newsletter