• If the family is living in the household with someone else, a Statement of Legal Residence form is required AND must be notarized.  This form must be completed by the enrolling parent/guardian AND the homeowner/lessor.  Enrolling parent/guardian should complete the section entitled "Affidavit of Parent/Guardian" (statements 1-5).  The homeowner/lessor should complete the section entitled "Certification of Residence Owner/Lessor."  Proof of residence must be provided in the name of the person completing this section of the form.  This form will be required to be renewed each subsequent school year at the beginning of the year.  

    This form can be notarized at Central Registration or by an authorized notary public.  

    A Statement of Legal Residence form MUST be completed for each student that is registering with Paulding County School District when the family is living in the household with someone else.  If proof of residence is in enrolling parent name or spouse of enrolling parent, a Statement of Legal Residence is not required.

     Click to print the Statement of Legal Residence.


    Proof of residence: Two proofs of residence shall be provided when a student seeks enrollment in the Paulding County School District.  Valid proof of residence is:

    (1)  Any two monthly utility bills (power, water, cable, gas, garbage, satellite) or mortgage statement issued within the last 30 days which includes the service address. Remittance portion of statement is not acceptable.  Two different utility bills can be provided as both proofs of residence (i.e. water and power or mortgage and gas);

    (2)  Lease or rental agreement signed by both parties consisting of written evidence that a current valid agreement exists. Also to be included with this agreement shall be the name, address, and/or telephone number of the lessor or:

    (3)  Home ownership title consisting of either a warranty deed, quit-claim deed, or security deed in the name of the parent/guardian showing the location of the legal residence.


    Proof of residence cannot be in digital format.  If billing is online, please print current statement (within last 30 days) from utility service or mortgage provider.  If providing a lease agreement, lease must be printed, signed by landlord and tenant, show address, and have current dates.  Lease must include contact information for the landlord.  E-signatures and digital signatures are acceptable.