Paulding Partners in Education Program
The Paulding County School District has nearly 4,000 staff members working to prepare over 31,000 students for future success in careers in the community. Our teachers and schools need the support of our local business and community members to make that happen.
The Paulding Partners In Education program, a partnership between the Paulding County School District and the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce, will make it easy for anyone in the community to become involved in our school district. As a Partner in Education, we will work with you to find ways that you can share your expertise, time, ideas, experience, and resources with the students and education staff in our community. You can partner with one school, multiple schools, or the entire District. You can also become a partner by providing PCSD Employee Incentives to our staff. One of the benefits to participating in the Partners in Education program is the recognition that a business will receive both within the District and within the community.
Please don’t think that only large businesses have resources to give. Any amount of time, talent and/or resources is appreciated. We will make it an easy process to help you join and truly make a difference to the students and staff of the Paulding County School District. If you are interested in becoming a PIE, please fill out the PPIE Interest Form, and we will contact you to set up a meeting to discuss your partnership.
Goals for PPIE:
- Strengthen the community’s commitment to education;
- Stimulate academic achievement and lifelong learning; and
- Support area businesses in developing and preparing students to enter the workforce.
To achieve these goals, we ask that you look at these four Partnership Criteria to see if you can help a school in part or all of these areas:
- Improving academic performance;
- Growing career opportunities;
- Enriching the life experience of students; and
- Developing and enriching the faculty experience.
There are many ways for a business or organization in the Paulding County area to get involved in the PIE program, including, but not limited to:
- Assist/support school activities
- Sponsor employee breakfasts/lunches
- Provide tutoring
- Listen to a child read, or volunteer to read to an elementary school class
- Give certificates/awards/incentives to honor academic achievement, perfect attendance, and good citizenship
- Lend your expertise and skills during a Career Fair/Reality Fair/Job Shadow Day
- Provide internship and work-based learning opportunities to our high school students
- Donate supplies and equipment
Direct benefits of participating in the PIE program include:
- Students who are better educated and more prepared to enter the workforce directly from high school
- An opportunity to become known in the school community, as well as the business community
- Recognition in school and District publications
- Positive impact on employee morale from participating in the program
There are three levels of participation available:
PPIE District Partner: this is a business/organization that supports the Paulding County School District as a whole. The purpose of this type of partnership is to allow a business/organization to offer its resources for the benefit of the entire Paulding County School District in its entirety or multiple schools.
PPIE School Partner: this is a business/organization that partners with one to three schools and commits to participating in at least one activity with that school per semester. A business may be a Partner in Education with up to three schools, as long as they meet the one activity per semester per partnership requirement.
PPIE Incentive Partner: this is a business/organization that wants to offer discounts to Paulding County School District employees. Incentives/discounts will be posted on the staff Intranet site and shared with staff through email. Discounts/incentives MUST be updated annually or whenever they change.
If you’d like more in-depth information on our Partners in Education program, including ideas on how you can get involved, where your contribution is needed, and details on how to make a monetary donation, please contact Jana Stegall, Business and Community Relations Administrator, email@example.com