Student Hardship Transfer Guidelines
To apply for either of the below hardship options, child(ren) must be currently registered as a Paulding County School District student. If your child(ren) are not currently registered, please visit the Central Registration webpage to make an appointment to register. Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on June 1, 2021. Once registration is complete, you may then make a hardship transfer request from one attendance zone to another within Paulding County School District or for Paulding Virtual Academy.
HARDSHIP TRANSFER REQUEST FROM ONE ATTENDANCE ZONE TO ANOTHER WITHIN PAULDING COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Hardship Transfers for the 2021-2022 School Year may be submitted at any time but will not be reviewed until June 2021.
Parents/guardians of students requesting a hardship transfer from one attendance zone to another within the Paulding County School District must submit a letter outlining the hardship along with any supporting documentation to the Operations Department. The request should include the following:
- Name of Student
- Home (Districted) School
- Choice (Requested) School
- Detailed Reasons for Request
Request may be submitted electronically or by mail to:
Paulding County Board of Education
Attn: Marie Sellers, Operations
3236 Atlanta Hwy.
Dallas, GA 30132
High school students approved for school transfer must meet the rules of the Georgia High School Association in order to participate in extracurricular activities.
- For the purposes of student transfers, a “hardship” is defined as an event or situation in which the Hardship Transfer Committee, determines that a student’s transfer to another school is warranted. The Hardship Transfer Committee will review the application and relevant data (student attendance / discipline) and make a determination to approve, conditionally approve, or deny.
- Transportation for students out of their “home” district on transfer must be provided. Students on transfer may not ride the school bus either to or from school.
- Parents will be notified in writing as to the decision made for the request – please DO NOT call the Board of Education as to the status of your request. The hardship transfer process usually takes between 2-3 weeks.
The Paulding County School District reserves the right to deny a school transfer request if the request is not considered a true hardship.
Transfer requests may also be denied due to:
- The student has excessive attendance, truancy or discipline issues;
- Lack of available permanent classroom space in the school to which the student requested the transfer;
- Insufficient reasons to warrant the move (disagreement with school administration or staff is not sufficient reason for a transfer to be granted);
- Falsification of records;
- Other just cause.
For more information regarding the Paulding County School Districts School Choice procedures, please see Administrative Regulation Student Assignment to Schools JBCCA-R.
HARDSHIP TRANSFER REQUEST FOR PAULDING VIRTUAL ACADEMY (PVA)
The below form is used to transfer into PVA and to transfer out of PVA thereby returning a student to their zoned school.
- Application must be completed by enrolling parent.
- Parent/guardian and student must be residents of Paulding County.
- Supporting documentation must be provided upon request.
- If approved, you are agreeing to a one-year commitment.
Please note that transfers are reviewed twice per week and may take a few days for completion. It is very important that your email is listed correctly on the application form.