Social Studies DLD Resources
Middle and High School
- Be realistic in your expectations of the assignments you post – there will be a lot of students who do not have access to a computer as well as students who will be apathetic and just not do it.
- No new content introduced should be graded – Of course you can have your students read or research information that you have not taught yet but it should not be graded because of the that exact reason.
- Keep assignments to 20 – 30 minutes per day.
- USE LESSONS IN SHAREPOINT that have already been created that match your standards
- For AP classes, USE the AP Classroom for assignments
- Create assignments that focus on our historical thinking and information processing skills
- You can easily narrate a powerpoint that you can upload into Canvas that your students can watch and take notes on.
- You can assign students a DBQ through Canvas
- Utilize GeorgiaStandards.org for resources such as instruction videos, powerpoints, and other resources
- In your schools, your Canvas Champion is hosting a 17 minute webinar throughout the day on Canvas AND here is a link to provide more help with Canvas
- Lastly, our department chair meeting for March 25 (HS) will be rescheduled. The status of the middle school department chair meeting for April 1 will be determined once we know more about our return to school.
Additional social studies resources
GaDOE -GPB Launch Home Classroom- The Georgia Department of Education and GPB have joined together to provide resources for teachers to use while providing home instruction to students