ELA 6-12 DLD Resources
As you develop digital lessons for students please review the following guidance:
• Consider the essential/priority standards for English/Language Arts and our district pacing guides.
• Consider including a variety of assignment types.
• Create lessons that incorporate reading and writing as a reciprocal process.
• Include both informational and literary text opportunities.
• As you prepare writing lessons, keep in mind the various formats of writing including narrative response, constructed response, and extended constructed response.
AP Course Information:
• Teachers and students should access the College Board resources for their specific course
• There has been no change to the AP test dates at this time, so AP teachers need to plan accordingly
• Please incorporate the AP Classroom into your digital learning plan
Resources For Digital Learning:
• USATestprep is a resource that provides instructional videos and practice. Students and teachers will log in through Canvas. The teacher accounts were merged recently, so if anyone has trouble logging in, please contact email@example.com. There are video lessons, games, activities and assessments based on the standards.
• MyOn (Grades 6-8) is a resource for texts during digital learning. Teachers and students can access MyOn through Clever located on the middle school dashboard. In MyOn, teachers can assign texts and create projects. This link explains how to create projects within MyOn.
Commonlit.org is a resource that provides texts and close reading practice with writing prompts for each grade level by theme and standard.
• Readworks.org is a site that allows teachers to search for texts by lexile level and/or content. Each text is also attached to a skill such as predicting, comprehension, sequencing, comparing, inferencing, etc.
• Britannica School can be found on the student dashboard for both middle and high school students. Here students have access to many nonfiction texts.
• Discovery Education can be found on the middle-high school dashboard under popular resources. On this site teachers can access a variety of videos, activities, and resources by selecting English/Language Arts. Teachers can select by grade level to access resources for grammar, composition, and reading/literature.
• Online pdf versions of many short stories from the anthologies as well as many novels are available.
Georgia Virtual has also shared their content. To access visit the following site: http://www.gavirtuallearning.org/Resources/SharedLandingPage.aspx