English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Hello! Hola! Jambo! Ciao! Salut!
Welcome to the Paulding County ESOL web page! The ESOL program helps students develop English Language proficiency by:
- Providing each English Language Learner (EL) with the academic and social skills necessary to ensure life-long learning through a student-centered and differentiated instructional program.
- Providing push-in, pull-out, and scheduled classes.
- Promoting understanding and appreciation of language learners and cultural diversity.
- Encouraging parent and community involvement in education.
- Supporting students’ home language by providing materials in their first language for parents to read to their children.
- Teach using all forms of communication with a daily focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Use needs-based instruction.
- Foster a vision of immigrant and English Learners as assets to our school, community and state.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Prepare all students for success today and tomorrow.
Parent Resource Center
Did you know that we have a parent resource center available for the parents of students in our ESOL program? This is housed at PB Ritch Middle School. If you would like to visit to review materials for checkout, please reach out to Jessica Wilson, the lead teacher for ESOL with Paulding County School District, at the email address below. She will be happy to assist you with setting up a time to visit and review materials that can help you and your student at home. Thank you so much!
Free English Classes for Adults