Welcome to Mrs. Welch's 8th Grade Social Studies Class!
I am Ms. Welch. I teach and LOVE 8th grade Georgia Studies!
In this class, we cover everything about the GREAT State of Georgia!
Including geography, history, government and economics specific to Georgia.
This year is starting off a little bit different than usual. I hope the list of information below can be resourceful for you.
1. Want to know a little bit about Ms. Welch? Check out the "About Me" tab on this website!
2. Ms. Welch says Hi!! Get a sneak peak of Ms. Welch's classroom before the first day of school!
Video link: CLICK HERE TO WATCH!
3. Click for the Welcome Brochure that is typically given at Open House for my Social Studies Classes.
4. Click HERE for the entire 8th Grade "Remind" and Tutoring information.
Click HERE for the Austin Middle School Supply List (includes 8th Grade).
5. All students will recieve a Class Letter on the first day of school, but here is a preview:
6. Canvas is an awesome resource to use as we progress in the school year. Ms. Welch's Canvas page includes a weekly agenda of activities, anchor charts (visual aids), links to assignments, documents and PowerPoints, and other resources that will help students and parents stay informed and on track.
Canvas has an app and website that students are able to login to.
Parents are also able to access Canvas through the parent access login.
7. General contact information is provided in the signature below should you have questions throughout the year.
I look forward to a great school year at Austin Middle School!
We are all in this together, and just as Austin Middle School Eagles ALWAYS strive for - WE WILL S.O.A.R.!
Mrs. Chelsey Welch, EdS
ALL 8th Grade Homerooms: text @8homeAMS to 81010
On-Level Georgia Studies: text @welchGAol to 81010
Tutoring: Every WEDNESDAY at 7:45am