What do you need for Physical Education?
- Athletic Shoes (no slip-on Vans or other brands)
How will you be graded?
- 10 Points per day for having athletic shoes (*100 points per week total with participation)
- 10 Points per day for Participating in the activity assigned (you will NOT play unless you have athletic shoes)
- If you do NOT have athletic shoes, then you will lose 10 pts for shoes & 10 pts participation
What are the expectations in the A.M.S. Gym?
- Be Prepared each day with clothes, shoes, and a positive attitude.
- Be Active – give 100% daily and during EACH activity.
- Be Respectful – to Peers, Coaches, and Equipment. Be kind to students & teachers. Take care of the equipment, gym, locker rooms, and fields.
- Absolutely – NO HORSEPLAY – keep hands and feet to yourself
What if you are too sick or injured to participate?
- If you are sick or injured, then bring in a note from a parent/guardian. The note should contain an email or phone number to contact the parent/guardian.
- If you are going to miss more than 3 consecutive days, then the note must be from a doctor.
- You are allowed (3) parent notes per 9 week grading period. Each note will excuse them for 1 day of PE. After the 3rd note, it must be a note from a doctor.
What sort of games will you play?
- At Austin Middle School, we try to incorporate both individual and team sports into our curriculum along with various fitness activities.
- Here are some of our anticipated activities – Bocce, Frisbee Golf, Soccer, Flag Football, Tumbling, Bowling, Badminton, Horseshoes, Pickle Ball, Kickball, Sponge Ball, and other fun games/activities.
Who can I contact with a question or concern? (SEE BACK FOR REMIND INFORMATION)
- Coach Greg Conley – GConley@paulding.k12.ga.us
- Coach Jason Napier – JNapier@paulding.k12.ga.us
- Coach Valerie McNeel – VMcNeel@paulding.k12.ga.us
- (770) 942 – 0316 ext. 38009 (Napier/Conley) ext. 38031 (McNeel)