(from The White Umbrella, The White Circle and The Cat and the Coffee Drinkers)
1. Discreet- careful and circumspect in one's speech or actions, especially in order to avoid causing offense or to gain an advantage.
2. Scepter- an ornamented staff carried by rulers on ceremonial occasions as a symbol of sovereignty.
3. Revelation- a surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way.
4. Rendition- an interpretation, especially of a dramatic role or piece of music.
5. Diverted- cause (someone or something) to change course or turn from one direction to another.
6. Radiant- sending out light; shining or glowing brightly.
7. Callous- showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others.
8. Sullen- bad-tempered and sulky; gloomy.
9. detest- dislike intensely.
10. vindictive- having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.
11. inadvertent- not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning.
12. pinion- tie or hold the arms or legs of (someone).
13. commemorate- recall and show respect for (someone or something) in a ceremony.
14. endear- cause to be loved or liked.
add an extra element or amount to.
16. defect- a shortcoming, imperfection, or lack.
17. admirable- arousing or deserving respect and approval.
18. conviction- a firmly held belief or opinion.
19. poise- graceful and elegant bearing in a person.
20. enrich- improve or enhance the quality or value of.