To provide all students a free appropriate public education that maximizes individual strengths and achievements as they develop into successful, contributing members of a global community.
The vision of the Student Services Department is to meet the individual needs of all students and provide a pathway to lifelong learning.
Maximizing individual strengths. Meeting individual needs.
We the employees of the Student Services Department believe that:
• Students are our first priority.
• The education of students with disabilities is everyone’s responsibility.
• All students are unique individuals and should be valued for their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual differences.
• A continuum of services should be utilized to assess and promote student achievement.
• Building positive relationships with students fosters independence and individual success.
• Shared decision making, collaboration, and distributive leadership must exist at all levels.
• Educational excellence begins with professional learning communities.
• Students learn best when engaged in the learning process.
• Family and community involvement enhances student achievement.
• Graduation is a shared responsibility and begins when a student enters school.
• All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
• Decreased number of student referrals to special education services by maximizing student performance in the Response to Intervention process.
• Increase the number of students with disabilities who graduate with a diploma.
• Increase test scores of students with disabilities in order to increase the number of schools meeting adequate yearly progress requirements.
• Increase the number of students with disabilities served in the least restrictive environment.