To provide all students a free appropriate public education that maximizes individual strengths and achievements as they develop into successful, contributing members of a global community.
The vision of the Student Services Department is to meet the individual needs of all students and provide a pathway to lifelong learning.
Maximizing individual strengths. Meeting individual needs.
We, the employees of the Student Services Department, believe that:
- Students are our first priority.
- The education of students with disabilities is everyone’s responsibility.
- All students are unique individuals and should be valued for their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual differences.
- A continuum of services should be utilized to assess and promote student achievement.
- Building positive relationships with students fosters independence and individual success.
- Shared decision making, collaboration, and distributive leadership must exist at all levels.
- Educational excellence begins with professional learning communities.
- Students learn best when engaged in the learning process.
- Family and community involvement enhances student achievement.
- Graduation is a shared responsibility and begins when a student enters school.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- Decreased number of student referrals to special education services by maximizing student performance in the Response to Intervention process.
- Increase the number of students with disabilities who graduate with a diploma.
- Increase test scores of students with disabilities in order to increase the number of schools meeting adequate yearly progress requirements.
- Increase the number of students with disabilities served in the least restrictive environment.