Paulding County School District provides services for identified gifted students at all grade levels. The gifted program is designed to meet the specific needs of these students and extend competencies in the areas of cognitive skills, collaboration, problem solving, creativity, reference skills, and communication skills beyond the experience of the regular classroom. The procedures for identifying and placing students in the gifted program are governed by the Georgia State Department of Education Rule 160-4-2-.38.
At all grade levels, the goals of the program are:
1. Gifted students will develop advanced research skills and methods.
2. Gifted students will develop and practice creative thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a variety of complex topics within the area of study.
3. Gifted students will develop and practice critical thinking and logical problem-solving skills in the pertinent academic area.
4. Gifted students will develop advanced communication skills.
5. Gifted students will develop an understanding of self and how their unique characteristics may influence interactions with others.