East Paulding Middle PTSA
If you have any questions regarding PTSA, please feel free to email us at:
What is PTA and PTSA?
The PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy group in the United States, and it doesn't end once your student leaves elementary school. Instead, the PTA adds student members to the organization and becomes the PTSA. The East Paulding Middle School PTSA serves as a volunteer body that supports the school in a variety of ways through volunteer work, providing social events for students and parents, recognizing and celebrating students and teachers, and raising funds for overall school improvement. PTSA membership can be purchased for $6.00.
The East Paulding Middle School is looking to grow in membership and establish a strong volunteer pool during the 2020-2021 school year. We will have opportunities for parents to support the school by volunteering to support:
- Student and Teacher Monthly Recognition Awards
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Kindness Days
- Hat Days
- Afterschool Hangout Events
- 8th Grade Formal
- Morning Welcome Team
- Day of Awesomeness
Being a member means you have a voice and an opportunity to help ensure these events are amazing, and to become a member, you only have to join. Volunteering is up to you!
Students who are members recieve:
- A discount or free admissions to afterschool events
- A membership packet that includes many freebies and coupons from local businesses, including free drink and food tickets for PTSA events
- Benefits at the state and national level that are revealed at the beginning of the school year.
We want to encourage everyone to join the PTSA! We need your support, ideas, and involvement.
But what will PTSA actually do for the school?
- Communication: We coordinate with the school administration to get all school news in one place by maintaining a Facebook page that will contain up to the minute information on all school events.
- Fun Activities: We will host several afterschool events, including the 8th grade formal, kindness days, hat days, homeroom contests and grade wide contests that result in parties!
- Reflections: The PTSA will promote Reflections and celebrate all the entrants.
- Spirit Events: We will have opportunities available for families to support local businesses who inturn will support EPMS.
- Rewards: We will will reward students and homerooms with tasty treats throughout the year!
- Community Outreach: We will look for opportunities to support our community and those in need.
- Appreciation: We will take care of our dedicated teachers and staff, who work every day with our students.
That's a lot! How can I help?
The easiest way to help is to simply join the PTSA. Remember, joining PTSA does NOT automatically make you a volunteer! If you are a busy parent with no real time to spare, just join. It helps more than you know!