W.C. Abney Elementary School is located in the New Hope community of Paulding County, approximately 45 miles northwest of Atlanta. The New Hope community has historically been small and rural but, in the past three decades, has become a fast growing suburban area. Abney began as a one room school known as New Hope School in the late 1800s. For fifty- four years, Abney was located along Dallas-Acworth Highway. During this time, in 2001, Abney was awarded the Georgia School of Excellence Award. With the opening of our current school building, student enrollment has increased from 554 students to our present enrollment of 1345 students. At 63 pre-kindergarten through fifth grade home rooms/classrooms, we are currently the largest elementary school in Paulding County. Despite this growth, we still pride ourselves on the loving, family atmosphere that sets our school apart from others.