Welcome to...W. C. Abney Media Center!
The media center is open to students each school day from 7:30-2:00.Each child in Kindergarten thru 4th grade may have one book checked out at a time. 5th grade students may check out 2 books. Parents may become patrons of the media center and check out 5 books at once. See Ms. Hilburn or Mrs. Graham in the media center to sign up today!Books are due back to the media center two weeks from the date they were checked out. Students may return books to the media center as early as the following day, or they may keep them the entire two weeks.We do not charge students for turning books in late; however, we do require the book to be returned before the child may check out another book.If the book has been lost or damaged beyond repair, it must be paid for before the student checks out another book.
Please do not try to repair books. We have book tape and book glue to repair books.
Please help your child understand the importance of taking care of media center books. Guidelines for book care include:
· Store your book in your book bag when you are not reading it
· Keep books away from younger siblings who may like to write in them or cut or tear pages
· Always have clean hands when reading books, and do not read them around food or drinks
· Use bookmarks to mark your place
· Keep books away from pets
· Turn pages carefully from the top or bottom corner of the page
· Do not leave books outside, as they may get wet
· Put books in the book drop when you return them to the media center
Thank you for the opportunity to work with your children this year. I look forward to helping them develop a love of reading!