Summer is nearly here - it’s time to start planning.
PCSD summer school is an opportunity for students to recover missed credits. The program is conducted at New Hope Education Center (NHEC) located at 4555 Dallas Acworth Highway, Dallas, GA 30132. PCSD summer school does allow for students to attempt new credit classes, but the primary focus is on students that want to recover a missed credit and stay on track towards graduation. Here are some of the finer points.
- Summer school requests are completed by the student’s counselor up to May 30th. After May 30th summer school registration may happen with either the school counselor or by visiting NHEC.
- Summer school typically permits the attempt of one full credit.
- Students attend the program from June 10th - June 28, from 7:30 – 3:30.
- Summer school is completed online with a teacher in the classroom to answer and support student questions.
- Students may request virtual status after the first 5 days if they are on pace and passing all classes.
- Coursework is self-paced, and students may finish summer school early.
- NHEC summer school is NCAA approved for student athletes.
- Summer school is tuition based - $275.00 for ½ credit, $550.00 for a full credit
Please contact your counselor for any addition information.
From the Counselor:
Our school counselor, Ms. McColligan, (Ms. Mac), would like for you to sign up to receive important updates via text message. It's easy. On your smart phone's web browser, go to rmd.at/ae9d99. Follow the instructions to sign up. You must have push notifications turned on. If you do not have a smart phone, text ae9d99 to 81010 to receive text notifications.
Rather get emails? Go to rmd.at/ae9d99 on a desktop to sign up for email notifications