6TH Grade English Language ArtsLynda Wiggins, Ed.S.Exceptional Students Education Program770firstname.lastname@example.orgRemind 101enter 81010text @6574aadClassroom!This year we will be discovering, analyzing, creating, and exploring the Georgia Standards as they appear on the Georgia Department of Education website. I am excited to work alongside you and your child as we learn together about the many pieces that come together to create our English language. As the school year progresses, you will see that we are very passionate about learning and will explore our content through various methods. Students will be asked to become active participants in both group and individual projects as well as become digital learners and leaders. Although grades are important, I feel the process and perception are just as important. Not every student learns the same as another, and some students will be more enthused over different lessons, topics or genres of literature than others.This being said, part of education is learning and trying new things. Get involved and have some fun and in the process learn something new.
Course Goals: The sixth grade English curriculum is designed to encourage the following goals:
· Students will learn to write effectively and to use standard edited English appropriately.
· Students will read literature with pleasure and interpret meaning from material read.
· Students will speak with confidence and listen with understanding.
Texts and Novels: CLASS SET OF BOOKS ONLY
· Elements of Language , Holt, Rinehart, and Winston Publishers
· Literature, Glencoe
· Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, Jack Canfield
· The Watsons go to Birmingham. Christopher Paul Curtis
· Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl,
· The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, John Boyne
· Hatchet, Gary Paulsen
· The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton