Welcome to Allgood Elementary PTA!
What is PTA-Parent Teacher Association?
Established in 1897, PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. Since founding, the National PTA and its state branches, districts, councils and local units have played an integral role in establishing, maintaining and safeguarding programs and policies that promote the health, safety, nutrition, welfare, protection and education of children and youth.
The National PTA and all of its constituent PTAs exist to achieve the Purposes of the PTA and fulfill the PTA Mission
The Purposes of the PTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth; and
- To develop between educators and the general public such efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The Mission is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation.