Spring Semester Virtual Registration
Due to the recent power/internet outages countywide, we are extending the deadline to register for virtual instruction in the spring semester an additional two days until midnight on Nov. 3, 2020.
Hopefully, you have seen the materials we sent out announcing registration for spring semester. If not, please check your email for messages from the school district, or visit www.paulding.k12.ga.us/virtual.
For those of you who plan for your child to participate in Virtual Instruction through one of the Virtual Academies in the second semester, you must complete the online registration by midnight on November 3rd. That includes students who are currently enrolled for Virtual Instruction this semester.
At that point, registration for Virtual Instruction must stop so that we can begin staffing, scheduling and making operational preparations (transportation, school nutrition, technology, and other support services) for the second semester for both In-Person Instruction and Virtual Instruction.
- If your student will be participating in In-Person Instruction during the second semester, it is not mandatory that you use the online registration.
- If you choose not to complete the online enrollment registration, your student will be automatically enrolled for In-Person Instruction.
- Be sure to read the FAQ and handbook information on the Virtual web site carefully as some information has been updated.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Accounts
To complete the online registration for Virtual, you must have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
The information we have sent out by email and that is available on our web site provides instructions for setting up a Parent Portal account. While you are required to have a Parent Portal account to register for Virtual Instruction this spring, ALL parents are encouraged to use the Parent Portal because it is a powerful tool. The Parent Portal in Infinite Campus is the easiest way for parents to stay connected to their student's educational progress. It gives you access to grades (including report cards), attendance information, progress reports, transcripts, and much more. Parents also can update their contact information, if needed, to ensure they receive timely communication from their schools and the district.
There is no better time than today to create an account. We want all our parents to be connected, informed, and involved with their child’s education, as academic success begins at home.
- Your registration choices may be changed as many times as needed until the November 3rd deadline.
- You will receive a Virtual Academy confirmation email following the deadline.