October 19, 2020
Spotlight on Our Studies
- This week, we will finish reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in class. We will learn more about text structures. Test on Friday!
- Homework: Students should be reading at least 20 minutes each night. Remember to get your agenda signed once you have completed your reading for that day. All students should also be using MyOn (http://clever.com/in/pcsd), our Paulding County reading program, when opportunity presents itself.
- We will be learning more about reference materials this week. Test on Friday!
- Students will be learning about informative writing this week.
- We will begin learning about the American Revolution. Students have their study guide and all reference materials in their S.S. folder.
- Students will be learning about factors and multiples this week. There will be a test this week!
- We will be alternating Social Studies and Science units, so no Science at this time.
- 10/19-23/20 – Food Drive for Helping Hands in memory of Mrs. Dockery!
- 10/23/20 – October Book Order deadline!
- 10/30/20 – Reflections deadline!
- 11/16-20/20 – Book Fair
- Lunch: 11:17-11:47
- Specials: 1:25-2:10
- Monday: P.E.
- Tuesday: Art
- Wednesday: S.T.E.M.
- Thursday: Music
- Friday: P.E.
- Monday: P.E.
- Students should be working in Education Galaxy (located in Clever and replacing Study Island) at home as well.
- Homework Policy: No Homework = No Recess
Take a Bow
- Congratulations to Gavin Reardon for being our October Student of the Month! Way to go, Gavin! 😊
- Most MyOn Minutes read last week…
1st – Logan, 2nd – Riley, 3rd – Chris
- Most “Stars Collected” in Education Galaxy…
1st – Jackson, 2nd – Gavin, 3rd – Kourtlee
- XtraMath All Complete…
Help Needed (Parents)
- If your child is absent for any reason, please send in a doctor/parent note when your child returns to school.
- If you have not connected with your child and our class in Class Dojo, please do so!
- Please check and sign your child’s agenda each night! This keeps you informed and it also lets me know that your child read their 20 minutes for homework that day.
- Please keep your child’s newsletter in the front pocket of their orange take-home folder.
- Classroom donations are always greatly appreciated!
- My class website address is:
- Please e-mail with any questions/concerns:
Here are some extra online resources that your child can and should use at home...
Education Galaxy (in Clever), MyOn (in Clever), XtraMath, Prodigy, ReadWorks, Nitro Type