Science Book Online: https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/ePC/logout.do
user name: student lunch number
password: student lunch number
Study Jams- videos and even karaoke
Constellations Video Lesson
Powers of Ten Schooltube Video
Website for space by Caleb S.
Sizes of Planets and Stars
Exploring Our Solar System: Planets and Space for Kids
Comparison of Planets and Stars- Our Solar System, Galaxy, and Universe
Mr. Lee's Phases of the Moon
Phases of the Moon Rap
Our Solar System
Georgia 4th Grade Science Standards and Videos
Planet Size Comparison
http://www.neok12.com/php/watch.php?v=zX5c60455063656c6c595c41&t=Moon (phases video)
http://www.neok12.com/php/watch.php?v=zX6b5c7f0456765261795b6b&t=Moon (why does the moon look like it changes video)
http://science.pppst.com/space/moon.html (various powerpoint presentations on the moon)
Moon Phases You Tube Video
Astronomy for Kids- great definitions
Seasons You Tube Video
Solar System You Tube Video
Facts about the Moon
Why is Pluto no longer a planet?
Moon Phase Calendar
The Space Place
Kids and Space
The Origin of the moon
Stars, Star Patterns, and Planets
There are similarities and differences betweens stars and planets. When students complete this unit, they shold understand and be able to answer the following questions:
- How do stars compare in terms of color, size, and pattern?
- How can students differentiate between planets and stars?
- Why do stars appear to be in the same position, and planets in different positions in the solar system at different times of the year?
- How do people study the solar system?
NASA Discovery Program- You Tube Video Clips
Topic 1- Star Characteristics
- Understand that galaxies are made up of stars.
- Recognizes that constellations are patterns of stars.
- Understand that stars come in various sizes and colors
Constellation Flash Cards
Star Deck! (a great resource)
Constellation Flash Cards for Printing
Digital Flash Cards
Nasa's Cool Site!
Index of other sites that can answer all your questions
Just for FUN!
Topic 2- Planet Characteristics and Relation to Stars
- Identify stars as burning spheres of gas.
- Understand that a planet is a large object that moves around a star (sun).
- Identify and label different constellations (Big Dipper, Orion, and Little Dipper) and their positions in the solar system.
- Understand that the sun is the largest object in the solar system (star).
- Compare and contrast the differences and similarities between planets and stars using appearance, position, and number in the night sky.
Bill Nye talks about the SUN!!!
Topic 3- Movements and Motion of Stars and Planets
- Describe, reenact, or explain the difference between revolution and rotation.
- Analyze why stars remain constant in the night sky and why people see them at specific times of the year.
- Summarize why planets can be seen in different locations in the solar system at different times.
Topic 4- Technology in Space
Identify how technology is used to observe distant objects in the sky.
- Optical (Reflecting)Telescope
- Crewed Mission
- Space Probe
Images from Hubble
Inside the International Space Station
Drinking water in space!
Tour of the International Space Station (Delete commentary and burn to disc)
Nasa explains Space Toilet
Space Toilet! (YES! There are two of them!)
Food Chains Brain Pop Video
Food Chain You Tube Video
Ecosystems You Tube Video
Great "Create" a food Chain site
Food Chain Resource
3 Different Food Webs
Create your own food web
Habitats and Food Webs
Harcourt Online Science Activities
Build your own Caterpillar to fit its environment
Build a food web
Living things and environments BBC
Virtual Owl Pellet Dissection
Food Chain Game
Create another foodweb
Creature Feature (to be used with Animal Adaptations activity)
Food web powerpoint presentation
Info about Giant African Land Snails...invasive organisms
more info about snails
play the producers, consumers, decomposers game
another food chain game
National Geographic Animal Habitats and Adaptations
Gould League Food Web
Animal Adaptation Game
More Animals Camouflaged
You Tube Adaptations Song
Ecosystems You tube Video
Producers You Tube Video
Energy Roles You Tube Video
Force, Motion, Simple Machines
Roller Coaster Design
http://www-g.eng.cam.ac.uk/mmg/teaching/peterstidwill/interact/resources/parkworldplot/parkworldplotlink.htm (amusement park and simple machines)
Light and SoundLight You Tube Video
Nasa Sound Simulator
Powerpoints About Sound
The Magic School Bus Sound
See the Sound Waves
http://www.neok12.com/Simple-Machines.htm (all the simple machines on video and some activities and quizzes)
Newton's Laws of Motion
Simple Machines explained
Website for all standards by a Caleb S. (to be updated as the year goes on)
Credit to Pepper Misinco for great resources!
Click this link for Georgia Science Standards or visit one of these other Science websites!
(credit to Niki Pope)