- Paulding County School District
Camp Invention is Back!
Camp Invention Is Returning to the Paulding County School District!
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), Burnt Hickory Elementary School and Diane Wright Innovation Center are pleased to offer the nationally acclaimed Camp Invention® program to children entering grades K through 6th. This exciting, weeklong summer adventure provides lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children rotate through several hands-on activities each day while using teamwork, creative thinking and problem-solving skills to invent unique solutions to real-world challenges. The first week begins on June 15, 2020 at Burnt Hickory Elementary School with another week being offered June 29, 2020 at Diane Wright Innovation Center with Karen Woodlief serving as Director of both all-new 2020 programs, Elevate!
During this program, young innovators will:
- Build a cityscape out of upcycled materials, navigate planes through a storm and take apart a robot they’ll bring home at the end of the program.
- Learn the value of their creativity as they sketch and build prototypes, design logos, market their invention and protect their intellectual property.
- Collaborate and discover solutions to protect the Earth’s ecosystems as they compete in zipline races, explore energy conservation and help wildlife habitats.
- Discover the great inventors behind their favorite sports, play high-energy games and design the ultimate sports complex.
Camp Invention’s activities give participants the opportunity to explore, create and build confidence as they bring their biggest ideas to life. Local educators facilitate the program and enthusiastic high school students serve as Leadership Interns, ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children.
Exciting news for these locations — we are offering an optional Extended Day experience! The programs will run from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM for an additional registration cost of $80 per week. Traditional program hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Register using promo code SUM25 to save $25 (expires 3/31) or SUM15 to save $15 (expires 5/12) off the $245 registration fee. Availability is limited. Visit invent.org/camp or call 800-968-4332 to secure your child’s spot today!