COVID-19 Cases in PCSD Schools
Every Monday at approximately noon the school district will post a one-week snapshot of COVID-19 cases in PCSD schools as reported by each school. Here is some key information to remember about the data reported.
- These cases include both students and staff members.
- Student records are protected by state law and the school district cannot release information that could be used to identify a student. Additionally, students and staff privacy are protected by federal HIPAA law.
- When a school has a confirmed case of COVID-19, the school notifies the Department of Public Health and works to identify "close contacts" as defined under DPH guidelines. Please know that according to guidelines established by DPH, any students and staff who are confirmed cases of COVID-19 must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days. Any identified close contacts must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. In both instances, they cannot return to school until they have completed all requirements of the DPH guidance for persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 or identified close contacts.
PLEASE NOTE: An extended school absence is not necessarily a positive case of COVID-19. There are multiple reasons (another illness, an injury, family emergency, staying home with a quarantined child, etc.) that could cause an absence of multiple days.
- EPHS Extend In-Person Instruction (11/20/2020)
- PCHS Extend In-Person Instruction (11/20/2020)
- SPHS Extend In-Person Instruction (11/20/2020)