Assistance for Paulding County Families during School Closures
· Lunch to Go Plan
· This will begin on Wednesday and will have 3 pick-up locations:
· Herschel Jones Middle School – 100 Stadium Dr., Dallas, GA 30132
· Paulding County High School – 1297 Villa Rica Hwy., Dallas, GA 30157
· Hiram High School – 702 Ballentine Dr., Hiram, GA 30141
· Meals are for students only. Families may pick up meals for all children under the age of 18, 21 for students with special needs. Children must be present before the meal is provided.
· This is a drive through program where the lunches are handed to the family at the car to practice “social distancing”.
· Helping Hands · http://hhpcga.org/
· 228 W. Spring Street, Dallas, Ga 30132 (770) 443-1230 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Families can visit Helping Hands Food Pantry once a week Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-2pm and the family must be a resident of Paulding County. The family must show a driver's license/ID or a lease agreement (if no ID/license).
· CAYA Reconciliation Ministries Lunch Program: · http://www.cayaministries.com/ (770) 445-9303 · https://mailchi.mp/d308bede8753/caya-lunch-program-coronavirus-response
· Offering meal bags (nonperishable food and snacks) for a child that should last 7-8 days
· Need assistance packing and delivering items, financial donations
· If school closures extend beyond March 31, a new program date will be posted for collecting & delivering.
· Sweetwater Mission Food Pantry: · www.sweetwatermission.org
· 6130 Hotel Street, Austell, GA 30106 (770)819-0662
· Offers food and clothing assistance to low-income residents of Cobb, Douglas and Paulding County.
· Walk-in services for food & clothing Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am- 12:30 pm.
· Offering Express Food program that helps limit social contact to families.
· To be eligible you must live in our service area and qualify based on your total household income.
· Warehouse of Hope: · www.warehouseofhope.squarespace.com
· 7 100 Hunter Rd, Douglasville, Georgia 3013470-489-0509
· Offers food and clothing to families in need of assistance. Must have picture ID, proof of income. First time families must go through an initial orientation to the program, available Mon: 11:00-1:00, Tues: 12:00-6:00, Wed: 9:00-1:00, Or Thurs 9:00-1:00.
· Comcast is offering free Internet for low-income families:
· In response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Comcast is now offering free Internet service for low-income families. More information here: https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
· Homeless Student Liaison:
· Dyan Earnhart (Homeless Liaison) has a resource set and ready for anyone in need. You can reach out to her or they can share her email address to those who present a need. Her email address is email@example.com