Purpose Statement and Beliefs
The purpose of Irma C. Austin Middle School is to develop a culture where our school community is actively engaged in creating the foundation for the pursuit of life-long learning and future success.
- that because all students can learn, those students have the right to an equitable education in a positive environment.
- education is the continual pursuit of the knowledge necessary to attain personal success.
- educators guide the learning process while remaining cognizant of individual needs.
- learning encompasses all aspects of life -- not merely academic.
- the transfer of knowledge occurs when instruction is authentic and relevant.
- the education of the individual lies with all school and community stakeholders.
- character development is an integral part of education.
Welcome to the website for the Austin Middle School Eagles. I am very excited with the direction that Austin is heading as we continue our commitment to strengthening our academic programs. I hope that you find our website informative and look forward to the start of another school year. I would like to thank our community members for their continued support as Austin Middle moves from Good to Great!