Austin Middle School
Good to Great
Our mission is to challenge our students to become independent thinkers by maximizing their full potential through high expectations in order to ensure lifelong success.
Our vision is to create a culture of shared responsibility for student learning where students become critical thinkers, problem solvers, and lifelong learners within a safe, positive, and supportive environment.
- We believe students are our first priority and our job is to prepare them for graduation.
- We believe that students learn best when actively engaged in a safe, positive environment.
- We believe in best teaching practices to provide rigorous instruction.
- We believe learning and student achievement are the shared responsibility of all stakeholders.
- We believe effective instruction occurs when teachers collaborate and make data driven decisions.
- We believe that a focus on academic vocabulary is the foundation for student achievement.